New Yorkers earning 60 percent of the area median income are now welcome to apply for 45 affordable units at a new supportive housing building in Central Harlem. Located at 310 West 127th Street, the residence has set aside 60 percent of its units for low-income or formerly homeless households with special needs referred by city agencies, while the remaining 40 percent are available to the public through this lottery. They range from $824/month studios to $1,451/month three-bedrooms.
Fifteen newly constructed apartments in Bed-Stuy are now available through the city’s affordable housing lottery, priced slightly below market-rate. Located at 325 Gates Avenue, the six-floor rental sits off bustling Bedford Avenue and just a few blocks from the G train on Lafayette Avenue. New Yorkers earning 130 percent of the area median income can apply for the apartments, which include $2,204/month studios, $2,314/month one-bedrooms, and $2,792/month two-bedrooms.
Applications are now being accepted for 21 middle-income apartments at a brand new building in Brooklyn’s Bushwick neighborhood. The five-story rental at 93 Linden Street sits between artsy Bushwick and Wilson Avenues, thoroughfares that are dotted with hip bars and restaurants. New Yorkers earning 130 percent of the area median income can apply for the apartments, which include $1,899/month studios, $1,999/month one-bedrooms, and $2,350/month two-bedrooms.
A lottery launched on Tuesday to replenish a 100-name waitlist for income-restricted units at two rental buildings in Brooklyn. Located at 816 Washington Avenue and 615 Sterling Place, the buildings straddle the neighborhoods of Prospect Heights and Crown Heights, just a short walk from the Brooklyn Museum and the Botanic Garden. New Yorkers earning 80 and 130 percent of the area median income can apply for the apartments, which range from $701/month studios to $3,943/month four-bedrooms. Eligible applicants will be randomly selected and placed on the waitlist for future vacancies. Find out if you qualify
A lottery launched this week for placement on a 300-name waitlist for apartments at half a dozen income-restricted buildings in Crown Heights, Bed-Stuy, and Park Slope. New Yorkers earning 80 and 165 percent of the area median income can apply for the apartments, which range from an $850/month studio to a $2,371/month one-bedroom. Eligible applicants will be randomly selected and placed on the waitlist for future vacancies.
Photo courtesy of CityRealty
Applications are currently being accepted for 19 middle-income units at a new rental building in Brooklyn. Located a few blocks from the Barclays Center and the many restaurants and bars that sit on the border of Prospect Heights and Clinton Hill, 555 Waverly Avenue is an eight-story building with 190 total units. New Yorkers earning 130 percent of the area median income can apply for the apartments, which include $2,228/month studios, $2,346/month one-bedrooms, and $2,830/month two-bedrooms.
Photo of Waterside Plaza via Wikimedia
Applications are currently being accepted to replenish a 150-name waitlist for middle-income units at the Waterside Plaza complex in Kips Bay. The four-tower, 1,400-unit development sits next to the East River and runs between East 26th and East 29th Streets. New Yorkers earning 130 and 160 percent of the area median income can apply for the apartments, which range from a $2,092/month studio to a $3,664/month three-bedroom.
Lottery opens for 37 affordable apartments at new Robert A.M. Stern-designed building in Brownsville, Thu, May 7, 2020
Rendering of Edwin’s Place via Robert A.M. Stern Architects
To live in one of Robert A.M. Stern’s buildings usually costs many millions, but his firm is responsible for this attractive new affordable housing development in Brownsville. Located at 7 Livonia Avenue, the 125-unit project called Edwin’s Place received approvals in late 2017. And now, a lottery has come online for 37 units, a mix of one-, two-, and three-bedrooms ranging from $666 to $1,279 a month and available to New Yorkers earning 40, 50, or 60 percent of the area median income. These units, 40 percent of the total, are reserved for the public; the other 60 percent is set aside as supportive housing for low-income or formerly homeless individuals (eight units are set aside for veterans).
Applications are now being accepted for 313 mixed-income apartments at a new high-rise rental on Roosevelt Island. Developed by Related Companies and Hudson and designed by Handel Architects, Riverwalk Park is a 21-story permanently affordable building, part of a nine-building planned community on the Island. Qualifying New Yorkers earning 40, 50, 80, 130, and 165 percent of the area median income can apply for the apartments, ranging from a $506/month studio to a $3,432 three-bedroom.
The city on Tuesday launched a housing lottery for 33 units at an affordable housing rental in the West Bronx. The newly constructed 12-story building at 2051 Ryer Avenue sits between the Grand Concourse and Webster Avenue in the neighborhood of Mount Hope. New Yorkers earning 60 percent of the area median income can apply for the apartments, which include $605/month studios, $769/month one-bedrooms, $933/month two-bedrooms, and $1,069/month three-bedrooms.