As we wrap up 2017, 6sqft is taking a look back at the top stories of the past 12 months in topics like apartment tours, celebrity real estate, new developments, transportation proposals, and history. From a look inside a 150-square-foot tiny apartment to new renderings of the Moynihan Station train hall to a look back at the gritty Meatpacking District of the ’80s and ’90s, these are the stories that readers couldn’t get enough of.
- My 1400sqft: Inside creative couple Molly Young and Teddy Blanks’ perfectly outfitted Williamsburg loft
- My 600sqft: Journalist Alexandra King turns a schlumpy Park Slope rental into a stunning boho-chic pad
- My 1150sqft: Tour Hungarian tattoo artist Balazs Bercsenyi’s peaceful Williamsburg apartment
- My 150sqft: Architect-turned-actor Anthony Triolo shows us his custom-designed tiny apartment
- My 1100sqft: Designers Laura Yeh and Zach Jenkins turn a blank Bushwick loft into a pastel dreamscape
▽ ▽ ▽
- ‘The Daily Show’ host Trevor Noah buys a $10M Stella Tower penthouse
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z buy $26M East Hampton ‘Pond House’
- After a bidding war, Diane Kruger unloads super-stylish East Village pad for $1.1M
- ‘Girls’ and ‘Star Wars’ actor Adam Driver checks out a $4.79M fixer-upper in Brooklyn Heights
- Emma Stone’s former Chelsea townhouse gets a price chop and new looks inside
▽ ▽ ▽
- 1920s Hudson Heights cliffside ‘Pumpkin House’ chops price to $4.25M
- 100-year-old New Jersey ‘castle’ with 58 rooms hits the market for $48M
- Buy this entire 62-acre ghost town in Connecticut for just $1.9M
- Manhattan’s last intact Gilded Age mansion can be yours for $50M
- Own Frank Lloyd Wright’s horseshoe-shaped ‘Tirranna’ home in New Canaan, CT for $8M
▽ ▽ ▽
- New rendering for the Sheepshead Bay condo that’s the tallest residential building in South Brooklyn
- World’s skinniest skyscraper at 111 West 57th Street stalled at 20 stories by soaring costs
- PHOTOS: First steel column installed at 1401-foot One Vanderbilt, NYC’s second-tallest skyscraper
- First look at Central Park Tower’s palatial amenity spaces and apartment layouts
- Exciting new details emerge for the TWA Terminal hotel
▽ ▽ ▽
- Cuomo announces 750-mile Empire State Trail, a continuous trail connecting NYC to Canada
- Cuomo releases new renderings of Moynihan Station as major construction gets underway
- FIRST LOOK: See inside Penn Station’s brand new West End Concourse
- REVEALED: $10 billion overhaul announced for JFK Airport – see new renderings
- To ease Penn Station woes, a new plan calls for a transit hub in Sunnyside, Queens
▽ ▽ ▽
- Why is New York City called the Big Apple?
- The history of why New York’s Houston Street is pronounced ‘How-stun’
- The Urban Lens: Travel back to the gritty Meatpacking District of the ’80s and ’90s
- The boarding house’s long history of hosting single New Yorkers
- The Urban Lens: From Bob Dylan to Jack Kerouac, see rare photos of the Village’s Beat Generation
▽ ▽ ▽
Photo courtesy of Ted McGrath on Flickr
- Raising chickens in NYC: Laws, tips, and everything else you need to know
- 20 underground and secret NYC attractions you need to check out
- The 10 best neighborhoods for New York City artists
- Everything you need to know about using a guarantor in NYC
- NYC water towers: History, use, and infrastructure
- Announcing 6sqft’s 2017 Building of the Year!
- 6SQFT’S TOP STORIES OF 2016!
- 6sqft’s Most Read Stories of 2015!
- 6sqft’s Top Stories of 2014!