As we wrap up 2019, 6sqft is taking a look back at the top stories of the past 12 months in topics like apartment tours, new developments, news, and city guides. From a rare look inside a 220-square-foot Chelsea Hotel SRO to guides to the city’s best museums to plenty of news about the newest openings at Hudson Yards, these are the stories that readers couldn’t get enough of.
Photo of the 2019 Feast of San Gennaro by James and Karla Murray exclusively for 6sqft
- All the free museum days in New York City
- NYC’s 10 best offbeat and hidden museums
- Dining guide: Where to eat and drink at Hudson Yards
- The 11 best things to do on Roosevelt Island
- A guide to Little Italy’s 93rd annual Feast of San Gennaro
- The top NYC holiday markets and pop-up shops of 2019
▽ ▽ ▽
Photo of Hudson Yards by 6sqft
- Hudson Yards will ‘officially’ open on March 15
- New Jersey’s long-stalled American Dream mega-mall is delayed again
- Equinox opens its largest new fitness club at Hudson Yards
- Demolition permits filed for world’s tallest teardown at 270 Park Avenue
- Massive Bjarke Ingels-designed apartment towers and public beach planned for Williamsburg
- Central Park Tower rises above 432 Park, officially becomes tallest residential building in the world
▽ ▽ ▽
Photo of Vessel by James and Karla Murray exclusively for 6sqft
- Reservations to climb Hudson Yards’ giant public sculpture are open!
- Jersey City will celebrate July 4th with NJ’s largest fireworks display and a concert headlined by Pitbull
- Billionaire Ken Griffin buys $240M NYC penthouse, the most expensive home sold in the U.S.
- MAP: Where to watch the 2019 4th of July fireworks
- Reserve a spot to stand 1,100 feet on the ‘Edge’ at Hudson Yards’ observation deck
- Photo exhibit shows 10 years of subway cars dropped in the Atlantic Ocean to become artificial reefs
▽ ▽ ▽
Photo inside the Chelsea Hotel by James and Karla Murray exclusively for 6sqft
BEHIND-THE-SCENES AND APARTMENT TOURS
- Our 220sqft: This couple has made it work for 24 years in a Chelsea Hotel SRO
- PHOTOS: See inside Hudson Yards’ climbable ‘Vessel’
- My 450sqft: An Australian expat creates a calming ‘slice of heaven’ in the East Village
- See NYC’s 2019 holiday windows (without facing the crowds)
- Take a food tour of Little Italy’s Feast of San Gennaro
- Photos capture the historic glamour of the Waldorf Astoria before its renovation
▽ ▽ ▽
Photo inside 220 Central Park South by Will Ellis of Donna Dotan; courtesy of Corcoran
- After more than two years, Hudson Heights’ cliffside ‘Pumpkin House’ sells for $2M
- Get a rare look inside 220 Central Park South thanks to this $59K/month rental
- Affordable housing waitlist opens at the iconic Manhattan Plaza Mitchell-Lama apartments
- 144 mixed-income units up for grabs at new East Harlem building, from $328/month
- Live next to Sarah Jessica Parker in the West Village for $28.6M
- 1,250-name waitlist opens for affordable co-ops at Chelsea’s Penn South, starting at $84,000
- 6SQFT’S TOP STORIES OF 2018!
- 6SQFT’S TOP STORIES OF 2017!
- 6SQFT’S TOP STORIES OF 2016!
- 6sqft’s Most Read Stories of 2015!
- 6SQFT’S TOP STORIES OF 2014!