- According to the MTA, the average speed of a MetroCard swipe is 10 to 40 inches per second. [NYT]
- After being in safekeeping for 19 months, the Alamo cube is returning to Astor Place this Wednesday. [EV Grieve]
- A new startup wants to bring power napping to the office. [Time]
- Will the Water Street rezoning destroy lower Manhattan’s character? [CityRealty]
- How Donald Trump transformed New York without any regard for design quality. [Architect’s Newspaper]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Cuomo announces 750-mile Empire State Trail, a continuous trail connecting NYC to Canada
- CNN’s Don Lemon sells Harlem condo for small profit
- Everything you need to know about affordable housing: applying, getting in, and staying put
- 128 tall buildings were constructed in 2016, a world record
- $8.8M 20-room limestone Park Slope mansion was built in 1905 for a furniture tycoon
- Helen Hayes’ former Nyack home asks $719K
- A look back at the lost Grand Centrals of the late 19th century
- Pieces of Thomas Heatherwick’s massive, climbable ‘Vessel’ arrive at Hudson Yards site