- After a painstaking conservation job, a 33,000-pound, 20-foot section of the Berlin Wall belonging to Jerry I. Speyer, chairman of the Tishman Speyer real estate company, will return to Midtown. [NYT]
- Preservationists and local elected officials will try again to have Coney Island’s iconic boardwalk designated a scenic landmark. [Brooklyn Daily]
- Is Biggie Smalls becoming New York’s street art saint? [NYO]
- Staten Island’s New York Wheel hopes to become the world’s tallest ferris wheel. [Mashable]
- Nonprofit Rescuing Leftover Cuisine takes leftover food from NYC restaurants and gives it to the homeless. [Treehugger]
- New York Fashion Week has found two new homes… and one of them is a Post Office. [Racked]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Philip Johnson’s Rockefeller Guest House, a ‘secret’ modernist gem on Manhattan’s east side
- 204 years ago today, the Manhattan Street Grid became official
- Everything you need to know about affordable housing: applying, getting in, and staying put
- Kushner Cos. vision for 666 Fifth Avenue has Zaha Hadid design and $12B ambitions
- Greta Garbo’s exclusive East Side co-op hits the market for the first time in 64 years, asking $6M
- Dreamy furnished studio with lots of greenery asks $3,200/month in the East Village
- Iconic ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov buys Harlem condo for $1.4 million
- The least affordable U.S. city for public transit isn’t NYC (and more fun facts about the cost of commuting)