- After a painstaking conservation job, a 33,000-pound, 20-foot section of the Berlin Wall belonging to Jerry I. Speyer, chairman of the Tishman Speyer real estate company, will return to Midtown. [NYT]
- Preservationists and local elected officials will try again to have Coney Island’s iconic boardwalk designated a scenic landmark. [Brooklyn Daily]
- Is Biggie Smalls becoming New York’s street art saint? [NYO]
- Staten Island’s New York Wheel hopes to become the world’s tallest ferris wheel. [Mashable]
- Nonprofit Rescuing Leftover Cuisine takes leftover food from NYC restaurants and gives it to the homeless. [Treehugger]
- New York Fashion Week has found two new homes… and one of them is a Post Office. [Racked]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- NYC trick-or-treat: The best neighborhoods for sweets and scares
- My 630sqft: Inside ‘Store Front’ photographers Karla & James Murray’s East Village home of 22 years
- Billy Bush trying to unload Chelsea townhouse for $8.2M after being ousted from the ‘Today’ show
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- The oldest existing Ellis Island ferry could be your quirky home for $1.25M
- Life Behind the Stacks: The Secret Apartments of New York Libraries
- For $10K this perfect Soho loft comes with everything you need plus a few scary surprises
- For just $825K you can live like a governor’s daughter in this historic victorian home