New rendering shows how Pacific Park is changing Brooklyn’s skyline; tallest tower on the way

Posted On Tue, January 16, 2018 By

Posted On Tue, January 16, 2018 By In Downtown Brooklyn, Major Developments, New Developments, Prospect Heights

Rendering by VUW Studios via L&L MAG.

Though Brooklyn’s Pacific Park mega-development hasn’t been in the news much lately, the site of headline-stealing Barclays Center and the world’s tallest modular tower hasn’t slowed its advancing impact on the borough’s skyline. A new rendering courtesy of New York Yimby shows the full build-out of the project, including the addition of what could be one of Brooklyn’s tallest towers. According to the rendering, the site’s crowning skyscraper would be borough’s tallest tower–if only on paper, and temporarily.

Pacific Park, 38 6th Avenue
Rendering of 38 Sixth Avenue via via SHoP/Pacific Park Brooklyn.

The development has seen big changes to its final appearance (though remaining plans are still in the concept phase), so it’s worth a check-in on its significant impact on the borough’s future skyline. The aforementioned skyscraper-to-be stands on the site’s northwest corner, two blocks from 333 Schermerhorn, Brooklyn’s temporary tallest tower at 610 feet.

The rendering shows Pacific Park’s tower as substantially taller, indicating a height of around 800 feet, which would make it the borough’s tallest if completed today. When the build-out is finished in 2025-2030, several buildings will have surpassed that height, including JDS Development’s 9 DeKalb Avenue at 1,066 feet, Alloy’s 80 Flatbush at 920 feet and Extell’s Brooklyn Point at 720 feet.

That still could make COOKFOX and SHoP Architects’ Pacific Park entry Brooklyn’s third-tallest building. It will definitely bring attention to the borough’s rising skyline and burgeoning cityscape. Greenland USA currently owns 95 percent of the Pacific Park development, with the remaining 5 percent owned by Forest City. The completed project will be comprised of 14 buildings.

[Via NY YIMBY]

RELATED:

Tags : , ,

Neighborhoods : Downtown Brooklyn,Prospect Heights

MOST RECENT ARTICLES

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS

Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.