- Did you know that Victorian Flatbush is actually a cluster of about a dozen smaller neighborhoods in Flatbush developed around the turn of the century? While many use “Victorian Flatbush” and “Ditmas Park” interchangeably, they aren’t the same thing. See how the area really breaks down in this informative, interactive map. [NeighborhoodX]
- Check out these 1800s-era artifacts found at the construction site of Ben Shaoul’s 196 Orchard Street. [Bowery Boogie]
- Governor Cuomo’s proposed LaGuardia airport overhaul will reportedly now cost $4.2 billion, or $200 million more than originally predicted. [WSJ]
- Did you know Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr’s dueling pistols are in the JP Morgan Chase Headquarters? [Untapped]
- What went wrong at St. Mark’s Bookshop? [New Yorker]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- NYC trick-or-treat: The best neighborhoods for sweets and scares
- My 630sqft: Inside ‘Store Front’ photographers Karla & James Murray’s East Village home of 22 years
- Billy Bush trying to unload Chelsea townhouse for $8.2M after being ousted from the ‘Today’ show
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- The oldest existing Ellis Island ferry could be your quirky home for $1.25M
- Life Behind the Stacks: The Secret Apartments of New York Libraries
- For $10K this perfect Soho loft comes with everything you need plus a few scary surprises
- For just $825K you can live like a governor’s daughter in this historic victorian home