- This Greenpoint artist uses discarded glass found on the street and McCarren Park turf to create mini sculptures [DNAinfo]
- Here’s what Central Park looked like in the 80s…a lot different than today. [Gothamist].
- What if Nike sold oranges and Apple made iMilk? An artist reimagines fashionable brands as they’d exist in the grocery store. [Fast Co. Design]
- You won’t think your apartment is so small after watching this video of people trying to live in a 112-square-foot “house.” [Buzzfeed]
- LES “farm to sandwich” favorite Black Tree is opening a chef’s counter in Williamsburg. They’ll even use local designers to deck out the space. [Bedford + Bowery]
- Wouldn’t it be nice to walk down the street and hear a tune from an organ grinder and his “regally outfitted capuchin monkey?” Here’s a history of the grinders’ sudden demise. [Ephemeral NY]
Images: Belvedere Castle in the 80s via Central Park Conservancy (L); iMilk via Peddy Mergui
black tree, Central Park