Your Daily Link Fix: The Return of Cake Man Raven; A “Spacious” Micro Loft
- The Return of Cake Man Raven: Price hikes pushed him out of Greenpoint but Cake Man Raven is preparing for a comeback and Brooklyn Magazine is on the trail with details of the baker’s decadent return.
- Luxury in Bushwick?: It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a… Maserati? No doubt Bushwick is growing and the Maseratis that pulled up at the Brooklyn Open Studios is further proof of that. Bedford and Bowery discusses the excitement and fear of a growing area.
- A “Spacious” Micro Loft: The two terms seem inherently oxymoronic but according to Curbed, Specht Harpman Architects achieved the impossible, and they’ve got the pics to prove it.
- School for the Blind to Get a $38 Mil Makeover: Selis Manor, NYC’s first public housing for the blind, is ready to join the 21st century. DNAinfo has more on the long overdue renovation.
- High-end Shopping on Ebay: Ebay’s has just launched Designer Collective, where major fashion designers like Calvin Klein sell their clothes at full price. FastCo. has more on the story.
- Take a Look at the World’s Last Swimming Elephant: No, you’re not seeing things. Back in the day they used to actually teach elephants to swim. Gizmodo has mind-blowing footage of the last of its kind.
Images: Cake Man Raven’s red velvet cake (left), Specht Harpman Architects micro loft (right)