- Linguists say there are no identifiable differences between speech patterns from New Jersey, Long Island, Brooklyn, Queens, etc. [Atlas Obscura]
- Michael Kimmelman thinks Santiago Calatrava’s World Trade Center Transportation Hub is “a Soaring Symbol of a Boondoggle.” [NYT]
- Watch a timelapse video of the recreation of the New York Public Library’s famed ceiling mural. [Gothamist]
- Architecture firms get creative with their monikers. [Crain’s Detroit]
- Transportation officials say delivery trucks for services like Fresh Direct and Amazon are clogging city streets. [NYDN]
- Mapping the city’s hidden speakeasies. [Business Insider]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- NYC trick-or-treat: The best neighborhoods for sweets and scares
- Life in New York City before indoor toilets
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- A $5M price chop for the former Upper West Side mansion of Charles Schwab
- Ashley Olsen closes on boutique Greenwich Village condo for $6.75M
- $1.56M Soho apartment boasts an envy-inducing backyard
- Alexander Wang’s swanky-meets-moody Tribeca Loft finds a buyer for $3.5M
- Life Behind the Stacks: The Secret Apartments of New York Libraries