These ‘Persian rugs’ are actually drawings; Will NYC’s TV production boom last?
- Miami-based artist Jason Seife uses acrylic and ink to meticulously illustrate Persian carpets. [designboom]
- A closer look at Swale, the floating food forest docked at Brooklyn Bridge Park’s Pier 6. [Take Part]
- NYC is in the middle of a TV production boom, which contributed $8.7 billion to the local economy in 2015, a 21 percent increase since 2011. [Crain’s]
- And film productions that take to the streets have grown accustomed to making donations to neighborhood associations. [Crain’s]
- Crime in city parks rose 39 percent in the first six months of the year. [NYP]
Images: Jason Seife‘s work courtesy of Robert Fontaine Gallery (L); Filming Law & Order SVU, by gilly youner via flickr (R)