- Thieves have been swiping pints of Häagen-Dazs and Ben & Jerry’s from drugstores so they can resell them at a bargain price to bodegas. [Grub Street]
- As of last night, and through Sunday, many of New York’s major landmarks will be lit red as part of a city-wide campaign to raise awareness for HIV/AIDS. [TONY]
- Brooklyn woman who was the world’s oldest person has died at age 116. She was the very last American from the 1800s.[NBC]
- Famed visionary artist Alex Grey is planning to build a trippy temple in the Hudson Valley and load it with psychedelic art. [CityLab]
- L-train shutdown might turn 14th street into a bus-only zone. [Gothamist]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Cuomo announces 750-mile Empire State Trail, a continuous trail connecting NYC to Canada
- CNN’s Don Lemon sells Harlem condo for small profit
- Everything you need to know about affordable housing: applying, getting in, and staying put
- 128 tall buildings were constructed in 2016, a world record
- $8.8M 20-room limestone Park Slope mansion was built in 1905 for a furniture tycoon
- Helen Hayes’ former Nyack home asks $719K
- A look back at the lost Grand Centrals of the late 19th century
- Pieces of Thomas Heatherwick’s massive, climbable ‘Vessel’ arrive at Hudson Yards site