- A new study shows that the average American home contains 100 arthropod species (aka insects and spiders). [The Guardian]
- Get a look at the abandoned 1937 Staten Island Ferry, MV Mary Murray. [Urban Ghosts]
- Here are the best and worst supermarkets in the nation. [Rare]
- Thirty years ago you had about 17 minutes to escape a fire. Today it’s down to three or four thanks to synthetic materials. [Today]
- The life, death and rebirth of “New York’s coffee cup,” the Greek Anthora paper cup. [Hopes & Fears]
- Tour the Hudson Valley Greek Revival house of photographer Pieter Estersohn. [Arch Digest]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Board shoots down residents’ petition to rename Trump Place
- For $14M, own the former Chelsea penthouse of ‘Law & Order: SVU’ star Mariska Hargitay
- Life in New York City before indoor toilets
- A $5M price chop for the former Upper West Side mansion of Charles Schwab
- NYC trick-or-treat: The best neighborhoods for sweets and scares
- Yorkville apartment of Bernie Madoff’s late son Andrew sells for $5.4M
- Nomad penthouse with two kitchens and a pool asks a neighborhood record-setting $68.5M
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put