- ShelfPack is a genius suitcase that pulls out into a series of collapsible shelves, which means you never have to actually unpack. [Travel + Leisure]
- The Studio Museum in Harlem reveals renderings for its new $122 million David Adjaye-designed building on 125th Street. [NYT]
- Check out the New York Hall of Science’s renovated Great Hall, designed to feel like deep space. [Arch Daily]
- Remembering the gaudy elephant hotel of 1880s Coney Island, a 200-foot structure with a gilded howdah observatory. [Ephemeral NY]
- This little sensor slipped under your mattress creates a smart bed that can find your body’s natural sleep cycle. [designboom]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Two affordable apartments up for grabs in the heart of Greenpoint, from $947
- Life Behind the Stacks: The Secret Apartments of New York Libraries
- Listings go live for Extell’s amenity-filled Hudson Yards Skyscraper 555Ten
- Bankrupt Gawker founder Nick Denton lists Soho loft for $4.25M after judge denies rental attempt
- Diego Rivera’s psychedelic Rockefeller Center mural was destroyed before it was finished, 1934
- SL Green breaks ground on One Vanderbilt, NYC’s second tallest tower – see new renderings
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- Saddam Hussein had a secret torture chamber across from Mayor Bloomberg’s UES mansion