- The new campaign for Made in NYC, a group that promotes local manufacturing, looks to capitalize on “artisanal and handcrafted goods.” [NYT]
- A facetious, side-by-side comparison of similarly priced listings in New York City and less costly parts of the world. [New Yorker]
- This houseplant harnesses energy from photosynthesis to charge your phone. [Design Taxi]
- The latest piece of art on the High Line is a sculpture of a smartcar made of tire treads with an apple tree growing through its sunroof. [WSJ]
- Hudson Yards is the the world’s most ambitious “smart city.” Should we worry that New York City is becoming an experimental lab? [Places Journal]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Board shoots down residents’ petition to rename Trump Place
- Yorkville apartment of Bernie Madoff’s late son Andrew sells for $5.4M
- For $14M, own the former Chelsea penthouse of ‘Law & Order: SVU’ star Mariska Hargitay
- $625K West Soho co-op is simple and sweet–and the place next door is for sale
- NYC trick-or-treat: The best neighborhoods for sweets and scares
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- Bankrupt Gawker founder Nick Denton lists Soho loft for $4.25M after judge denies rental attempt
- Elegant one bedroom right off Central Park asks $4,900/month