- The new campaign for Made in NYC, a group that promotes local manufacturing, looks to capitalize on “artisanal and handcrafted goods.” [NYT]
- A facetious, side-by-side comparison of similarly priced listings in New York City and less costly parts of the world. [New Yorker]
- This houseplant harnesses energy from photosynthesis to charge your phone. [Design Taxi]
- The latest piece of art on the High Line is a sculpture of a smartcar made of tire treads with an apple tree growing through its sunroof. [WSJ]
- Hudson Yards is the the world’s most ambitious “smart city.” Should we worry that New York City is becoming an experimental lab? [Places Journal]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Whole Foods will open a lower-priced ‘365’ store in Downtown Brooklyn
- Cuomo announces 750-mile Empire State Trail, a continuous trail connecting NYC to Canada
- Pop singer Santigold lists her ornate Bed-Stuy brownstone for $1.95 million
- Everything you need to know about affordable housing: applying, getting in, and staying put
- Gain free admission to these NYC cultural institutions on Inauguration Day
- The Urban Lens: Inside ‘Little Odessa,’ Brighton Beach’s quaint beachfront Russian community
- The 10 best plants for apartment dwellers
- Perfectly preserved Victorian with a dreamy wraparound porch asks $785K in Hyde Park