- Watch the Times Square New Year’s Eve confetti test. [Gothamist]
- Michael Kimmelman tackles the architecture of sound with a three-dimensional audio component. [NYT]
- 16 NYC hotels have pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by at least 30 percent over the next ten years. The list includes the Waldorf, the Peninsula, and the Pierre. [CNN Money]
- Bushwick had the most burglaries in 2015 thanks to gentrifiers who “don’t lock their doors.” [DNAinfo]
- From warfare to housewares: The history of the Ikea Red Hook site. [Bedford + Bowery]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Yorkville apartment of Bernie Madoff’s late son Andrew sells for $5.4M
- Life Behind the Stacks: The Secret Apartments of New York Libraries
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- $625K West Soho co-op is simple and sweet–and the place next door is for sale
- Bankrupt Gawker founder Nick Denton lists Soho loft for $4.25M after judge denies rental attempt
- The 10 Best Plants for Apartment Dwellers
- Hudson Heights’ Famed Cliffside ‘Pumpkin House’ Returns for $5.3M
- NYC Trick-or-Treat: The Best Neighborhoods for Sweets and Scares