- A jewelry designer created an eight-piece collection using crystal from the Plaza’s chandeliers, which date back to the 1920s and ‘30s. [CityLab]
- Diplomats owe NYC $16,024,266 in unpaid parking tickets. The worst offender is Egypt, which owes $2 million. [I Quant NY]
- The science behind why it hurts so much to step on a LEGO. [Mental Floss]
- Two doctoral students at Fordham are studying the sizes of NYC rats. The largest they’ve found weighs a pound and a half. [Atlas Obscura]
- New York’s sidewalks are unsung moneymakers. [NYT]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- ‘Judgmental Maps’ unleash culture on the geography of modern cities
- NYC trick-or-treat: The best neighborhoods for sweets and scares
- The oldest existing Ellis Island ferry could be your quirky home for $1.25M
- My 630sqft: Inside ‘Store Front’ photographers Karla & James Murray’s East Village home of 22 years
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- Life in New York City before indoor toilets
- Bjarke Ingels’ curving East Harlem rental breaks ground and gets new renderings
- 20 years ago, the city told Donald Trump he couldn’t put his name on the Columbus Circle globe