- Bretagne, the golden retriever who was one of 100 rescue dogs at Ground Zero (and is reportedly the last one living), got a pretty amazing 16th birthday party. [DNAinfo]
- The oldest stuff in the state of New York, from pizza to newspaper to lighthouse. [Thrillist]
- Chinese artist Yi Yang has finished his mural that features the face of every FDNY worker who died in the 9/11 terror attacks. [NYDN]
- The Brooklyn Historical Society is offering Free Fridays from now until November. [Brokelyn]
- Check out these crazy, alternative plans for the Whitney Museum. [Untapped]
- This 3D-printed bubble house might be where people live on Mars. [Dezeen]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Lottery opens for nine $774/month SROs on foodie-friendly Hell’s Kitchen block
- Lottery opens for new Crotona Park East affordable development, units from $788/month
- SL Green breaks ground on One Vanderbilt, NYC’s second tallest tower – see new renderings
- Saddam Hussein had a secret torture chamber across from Mayor Bloomberg’s UES mansion
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- Two affordable apartments up for grabs in the heart of Greenpoint, from $947
- Life Behind the Stacks: The Secret Apartments of New York Libraries
- Work begins on Norman Foster’s Red Hook office project, will be the continent’s largest timber structure