- The abandoned Ellis Island Hospital Complex, where 1.2 million immigrants were treated, is opening for public tours starting October 1st, reports AM New York.
- Take a load off…the Battery Conservancy is hosting its “Draw Up A Chair” design competition in Battery Park’s Castle Clinton to decide the official chair of the park. More on Tribeca Trib.
- A French designer turns discarded shopping carts into chairs. Designboom showcases the sustainable (and attractive, we must say) furniture.
- Gothamist takes a look at the clock that has been embedded in the Manhattan sidewalk since the 1800’s. Must have been handy before cell phones…
- Are you an unfit plant owner? This shelf by Pikaplant automatically waters your ferns and flowers. Check it out on Co. Design.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- NYC trick-or-treat: The best neighborhoods for sweets and scares
- My 630sqft: Inside ‘Store Front’ photographers Karla & James Murray’s East Village home of 22 years
- Billy Bush trying to unload Chelsea townhouse for $8.2M after being ousted from the ‘Today’ show
- The oldest existing Ellis Island ferry could be your quirky home for $1.25M
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- Life Behind the Stacks: The Secret Apartments of New York Libraries
- For $10K this perfect Soho loft comes with everything you need plus a few scary surprises
- For just $825K you can live like a governor’s daughter in this historic victorian home