- The East Village 30 Years Ago – Laughing Squid featured photographer Daniel Roots’s collection of photos comparing the ones he took in the 80s to the ones he took this year. See how much the nabe has changed in just 30 years.
- What It Means To Be “Local” – Mashable sent one of its writers to follow a peach from Freshkills farm to Union Square’s farmers market. Explore the journey local foods go through to get to your hands.
- Hail A Cab The Second You Raise Your Hand – We feel your pain. Watching every taxi drive by with its light off is a frustrating feat, especially when you’re in a rush (which is why you’re taking a cab in the first place right?!). Gothamist wrote about NYC Taxi Viz, an innovative website that maps out where taxi are most likely to be taken and empty at any given time and place in the city. Spoiler alert: you’ll never find an empty cab in Chelsea around 6pm on a weekday. Your best bet is to walk west and downtown to around 8th and 17th.
- A Self-Portrait Made From The Artist’s Blood – Well that’s pretty self-explanatory, but yes, Dezeen says the Brooklyn-based artist hooked up an IV to a CNC machine that used his blood to make a nude self-portrait. Pretty resourceful, we guess…
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Board shoots down residents’ petition to rename Trump Place
- For $14M, own the former Chelsea penthouse of ‘Law & Order: SVU’ star Mariska Hargitay
- Life in New York City before indoor toilets
- A $5M price chop for the former Upper West Side mansion of Charles Schwab
- NYC trick-or-treat: The best neighborhoods for sweets and scares
- Yorkville apartment of Bernie Madoff’s late son Andrew sells for $5.4M
- Nomad penthouse with two kitchens and a pool asks a neighborhood record-setting $68.5M
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put