- “If you see something, do something” takes on a new meaning. The city is launching a subway ad campaign encouraging New Yorkers to do more volunteer work, according to the Daily News.
- Scouting New York maps out locations of famous NYC sitcoms.
- In the 19th century, the city had a system of bells to alert officials of fires. Christopher Gray dives into the history in his Streetscapes column in the Times.
- Business Insider takes a tour of the Gowanus office of the startup Farmigo, and it looks like a giant jungle gym for adults.
- Hmmm…apparently there’s some scientific reasoning behind why we can’t ever seem to get a cab when it’s pouring out. More on CityLab.
Images: Volunteer ad, via NYC Service (L); Hailing a taxi in the rain via FLYJughead via photopin cc
NYC fire bells, NYC sitcom locations