- The beauty of…basements? That’s right, a new photo series explores the city’s underground digs, where superintendents often live with their families. More on Co.Design.
- Want to live next to Sandra Bullock in Soho? Soho Strut has the details.
- The SS Columbia, the oldest US passenger steamer, is returning home to New York from Detroit, reports Untapped Cities.
- Gizmodo wonders, is the Hamster Wheel Desk a fun way to get through the work day, or is it a sad statement on modern office culture?
- GVSHP visits St. Mark’s Bookshop and chats with the owners about their recent move and new, historic East Village location.
Images: Hamster Wheel Desk via Gizmodo (L) and St. Mark’s Bookshop via Clouds Architecture Office (R)