- Jeremiah’s Vanishing New York documents the demolition of beloved graffiti mecca 5Pointz in Long Island City.
- Calling all picklers! The Lower East Side’s Pickle Day is back on October 19th. According to the event website, “it’s kind of a big dill.”
- An algorithm can predict a neighborhood’s crime rate based on Google Street View images, reports Co.LABS.
- And in more community-specific technology, Pandora released the most popular music genres for each NYC neighborhood. See them on the Daily News.
- Holiday shopping just got a lot easier. According to the Verge, UPS is bringing its pickup lockers to New York.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Yorkville apartment of Bernie Madoff’s late son Andrew sells for $5.4M
- Everything You Need to Know About Affordable Housing: Applying, Getting In, and Staying Put
- Life Behind the Stacks: The Secret Apartments of New York Libraries
- $625K West Soho co-op is simple and sweet–and the place next door is for sale
- The 10 Best Plants for Apartment Dwellers
- Hudson Heights’ Famed Cliffside ‘Pumpkin House’ Returns for $5.3M
- Bankrupt Gawker founder Nick Denton lists Soho loft for $4.25M after judge denies rental attempt
- NYC Trick-or-Treat: The Best Neighborhoods for Sweets and Scares