- Did you know the stars on the ceiling of Grand Central are painted in 23-karat gold? This and ten other secrets of the train terminal are on Thrillist.
- Architects have created a 3D-printed column that can withstand earthquakes. Details on Wired.
- Curbed takes a tour of the building that changed New York City’s zoning laws–the Equitable Building.
- The Yozakura porcelain sake set is inspired by Japanese cherry blossoms. Like the design? You can get it started through Kickstarter.
- Architizer rounds up ten signs of Harlem’s architectural renaissance.
- Napping just got a whole lot better. The HoodiePillow combines a plush pillow with the coziness of a warm hood. There’s even a pocket for your iPhone, reports Dornob.
Images: Grand Central (L); Hoodie Pillow (R)
Tags : 3D-printed column, Equitable Building, Grand Central, Harlem architecture, HoodiePillow, Yozakura sake set