- Though Dumbo usually comes in as Brooklyn’s most expensive area, median sale prices this quarter in the Columbia Street Waterfront District came in at number one, followed by Prospect Lefferts Gardens. [Brownstoner]
- The MTA is testing out Flex-Gates, a sort of roll-up security gate, to prepare for another Superstorm Sandy. [Daily Intelligencer]
- This Brooklyn-based photojournalist is capturing what hunger looks like in NYC today. An exhibit of her work is on view at the Brooklyn Museum until November. [Slate]
- New York’s top hotel concierges share their secret suggestions. [Travel + Leisure]
- A sound artist is placing devices atop the lampposts in Madison Square Park to collect data on the airflow, which will inform a forthcoming visual installation. [NYT]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Cuomo announces 750-mile Empire State Trail, a continuous trail connecting NYC to Canada
- CNN’s Don Lemon sells Harlem condo for small profit
- Everything you need to know about affordable housing: applying, getting in, and staying put
- 128 tall buildings were constructed in 2016, a world record
- $8.8M 20-room limestone Park Slope mansion was built in 1905 for a furniture tycoon
- Helen Hayes’ former Nyack home asks $719K
- A look back at the lost Grand Centrals of the late 19th century
- Pieces of Thomas Heatherwick’s massive, climbable ‘Vessel’ arrive at Hudson Yards site