- Though Dumbo usually comes in as Brooklyn’s most expensive area, median sale prices this quarter in the Columbia Street Waterfront District came in at number one, followed by Prospect Lefferts Gardens. [Brownstoner]
- The MTA is testing out Flex-Gates, a sort of roll-up security gate, to prepare for another Superstorm Sandy. [Daily Intelligencer]
- This Brooklyn-based photojournalist is capturing what hunger looks like in NYC today. An exhibit of her work is on view at the Brooklyn Museum until November. [Slate]
- New York’s top hotel concierges share their secret suggestions. [Travel + Leisure]
- A sound artist is placing devices atop the lampposts in Madison Square Park to collect data on the airflow, which will inform a forthcoming visual installation. [NYT]
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Most Popular Posts
- Supertall skyscraper dangles from an asteroid to become the world’s tallest building
- Director Ron Howard lists Central Park West co-op in the Eldorado for $12.5M
- Everything you need to know about affordable housing: applying, getting in, and staying put
- Frank Lloyd Wright Fallingwater lookalike asks $3.5M in Greenwich, CT
- First look at the interiors of Waterline Square’s trio of towers
- A fanciful miniature New York City is coming to a 49,000-foot space in Times Square
- Chinese company Anbang backs out of 666 Fifth Avenue deal with Kushner Cos.
- Anbang taps Skidmore, Owings & Merrill for Waldorf Astoria renovation