Online Feline Celebrities Get Their Own Exhibit; Meet the Newest Oldest Toy Store in the U.S.
- A new exhibit at the Museum of the Moving Image explores the online cat phenomenon and why people can’t get enough of characters like Lil Bub. [DNAinfo]
- Listen to puppet Johnny T’s rendition of “New York, New York.” Perhaps our favorite line is “So what there’s hipsters here. There’s hipsters… everywhere.” [YouTube]
- The 820 feet of construction walls for Pacific Park Brooklyn will get adorned with ten 10-foot x 40-foot murals. [NYT]
- Since FAO Schwarz has officially closed, Mary Arnold Toys on the Upper East Side is now the oldest continuously run toy store in the United States. [Village Voice]
- The South Ferry subway station is the loudest in the city. [NYP]
- Join the Lower East Side Preservation Initiative for a two-night event celebrating street art and the Lower East Side, which includes a talk by artist Al Diaz. [6sqft inbox]
Images: Lil Bub (L); Mary Arnold Toys (R)