- NY Daily News announces the launch of the 7th annual Governors Island Art Fair where “100 artists fill 100 rooms in the island’s former military barracks with their paintings, video installations, sculptures and photography.”
- I Quant NYC maps out where you can find the 25 winning street vendors of the 10th annual Vendy Awards. Time to grub on!
- Supposedly in 1824 it was proposed to saw off part of Manhattan to keep it from sinking. Read the craziness on Untapped Cities.
- Touchy subject, but why is Brooklyn part of New York anyway? Tremr tells the story of The Great Mistake of 1898.
- Climbing into bed – literally. Designboom reports that in celebration of IKEA’s Clermont-Ferrand store in France, they’ve created a climbable apartment wall.
Images: Craffle food truck via their Facebook page; IKEA climbable apartment via Designboom