A Brooklyn edition of Monopoly is now available
Photo courtesy of Top Trumps USA
A new edition of the classic board game Monopoly replaces the famous Atlantic City squares with beloved landmarks of Brooklyn. Making its debut Tuesday, Monopoly Brooklyn Edition features historic landmarks, like the Brooklyn Bridge and Soldiers Sailors Memorial Arch, entertainment spots, including Coney Island and Barclays Center, cultural institutions, like Weeksville Heritage Center and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and many more destinations.
In June, Top Trumps USA, the American division of games and puzzles company Winning Moves International, asked New Yorkers to submit locations they would like to see featured in the new game. The game, under license from Hasbro, includes the following:
- Parks and recreation sites: Prospect Park, Sunset Park, McCarren Park, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Bridge Piers, and Fort Greene Park
- Local nonprofits: Sean Casey Animal Rescue, The Campaign Against Hunger, CAMBA, and The HOPE Program
- Cultural institutions: Weeksville Heritage Center, The Jewish Children’s Museum, Brooklyn Children’s Museum, and Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- Landmarks: Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch and Brooklyn Bridge
- Transportation hubs: Kings Highway, Dekalb Avenue, Utica Avenue, and Church Avenue
- Entertainment destinations: Coney Island and Barclays Center
- Beloved hospitality properties: Junior’s, Dekalb Market Hall, and The Box House Hotel
- Unique businesses: Awoke Vintage and The Hot Corner
“Brooklyn is one of the most exciting cities in the U.S. with many incredible pioneering establishments and cherished locations,” Dennis Gavaghen of Top Trumps USA said.
“We’ve spent months creating a portrayal of this dynamic community that we hope locals and visitors alike will enjoy for years to come. We’ve incorporated important feedback from locals to truly make this a fun and engaging game for Brooklynites and beyond.”
Monopoly Brooklyn Edition is now available for $39.99 at local stores like Awoke Vintage, Junior’s, Jewish Children’s Museum, Park Slope Toys, St. Mark’s Comics, Toys4u, Woods Grove, City Chemist, as well as Wegmans and CVS. You can also buy the game on Amazon.