Take a peek inside the new Upper East Side IKEA
Photo Credit: E’lisha Holmes for IKEA U.S.
There’s a new IKEA in town, right in the middle of the Upper East Side at Third Avenue and East 60th Street; The new IKEA Planning Studio opens to the public on April 15. Here’s a snapshot of what to expect from the store’s urban-focused sibling. It’ll be a little different from the other IKEA locations; you’ll be able to browse inspirational room settings focused products and solutions suited for city living and get free home design planning assistance.
Unfortunately there won’t be any Swedish meatballs or free coffee at the new location. What you will find is a helping hand with your home design projects, whether they involve small space solutions or a full-on renovation/ refresh. Customers can make a free one-on-one appointment with an IKEA home planner or IKEA kitchen planner to help bring their home design dreams to life. To book an appointment, or to learn more about the Planning Studio, visit the website–or stop in at the store.
Just the facts:
- IKEA Planning Studio Location: 999 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022
- Size: Spans 17,350 square feet and three floors
- Opening Date: Monday, April 15, 2019
- Hours: Open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The IKEA Planning Studio is part of a global effort to develop 30 new IKEA touchpoints in city centers over the next three years.
- Ikea’s first Manhattan store will open this spring on East 59th Street
- Ikea reveals ‘preliminary’ plans to open Manhattan store
- IKEA’s 2019 catalog comes to life at this free pop-up event in Soho
Photos courtesy of IKEA U.S. Photography by E’lisha Holmes.