What could be better than real estate you can eat? Though these (mostly) edible homes are way too pretty to take a bite of, there’s just something about the idea of frosting on the roof…
Ahead, check out some of the sweet, scaled-down edifices we’ve scouted across the web and NYC, including a gingerbread version of the Hogwarts School, Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic Fallingwater, and the Guggenheim, which, as they say, takes the cake!
More amazing cookie creations this way
Bay Ridge’s infamous Gingerbread House at 8220 Narrows Avenue is making headlines again. The incredible freestanding home is back on the market after a few different attempts to sell. As Curbed pointed out, the Arts and Crafts home was first asking $12 million in 2009, then the price was lowered a few times, then it was put on the rental market for $26,000 a month. (The broker tells us that it’s only officially been on the market for around two years over a six-year period while the owners did renovations.)
Now it’s back again with brand new photos showing off its extravagant interior, alongside a price tag of $10.999 million. As the broker told us, “The overall market in Brooklyn is strong, particularly in Bay Ridge, which has become the new hot spot as buyers move south – this is an ideal time to put the house back on the market.” We got our hands on the previously-unpublished new images, so take a look and decide if this is finally the time this special house will sell.
To the interior
- Check out these amazing vintage photos of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. [Wired]
- Why not make your holiday gifts this year? Here’s six arts and crafts classes that won’t break the bank. [Brokelyn]
- After 110 years as an East Village staple, De Robertis Caffé will close on December 5th. [Bedford + Bowery]
- Hate schlepping to Ikea? Check out these furnished apartments. [Taylor Made]
- The world’s most expensive gingerbread house costs $78,000 and comes with real rubies and pearls. [Daily News]
Images: Thanksgiving Day Parade via Macy’s Inc.(L); De Robertis Caffé via Kilgub via photopin cc (R)
Images: Times Square subway station via John Wisniewski via photopin cc (L); Gingerbread Village via NYSCI Flickr (R)
Images: Gingerbread House (left), Fab Sofa Line (right)