Andrea Bocelli, The Killers, Wyclef Jean & a dozen more stars to perform at Central Park concert

Posted On Tue, July 27, 2021 By

Posted On Tue, July 27, 2021 By In City Living, Events

Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on September 23, 2017.Photo by Michael Appleton/Mayoral Photography Office on Flickr

More than a dozen iconic musicians will take the stage in Central Park next month as part of a mega-concert celebrating the city’s recovery from the coronavirus. Announced on Tuesday, the lineup for the concert, dubbed “WE LOVE NYC: The Homecoming Concert,” includes major stars like Andrea Bocelli, Wyclef Jean, Barry Manilow, Earth, Wind & Fire, Jennifer Hudson, The Killers, LL COOL J, Carlos Santana, Paul Simon, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen, Rob Thomas, and more.

Curated by Clive Davis and Live Nation, along with Mayor Bill de Blasio and Union Hospitality Group CEO Danny Meyer, the Central Park concert takes place on Saturday, August 21. According to officials, 80 percent of the tickets will be available for free, with the remaining 20 percent available as VIP tickets for purchase. The price of the VIP tickets has not yet been released.

“I cannot think really of a more appropriate way to celebrate [the city] than an unforgettable concert in the most special venue in the world: The Great Lawn at Central Park,” Davis said during a press conference on Tuesday.

All ticketholders must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination. According to de Blasio, those who have received at least one dose of the vaccine will qualify to attend. The Great Lawn can hold 60,000 people, according to officials.

To date, the full lineup for the “WE LOVE NYC: The Homecoming Concert is as follows:

  • Jon Batiste
  • Andrea Bocelli
  • Kane Brown
  • LL COOL J
  • Elvis Costello
  • Lucky Daye
  • Earth, Wind & Fire
  • Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds
  • Cynthia Erivo
  • Jennifer Hudson
  • Wyclef Jean
  • Journey
  • The Killers
  • Barry Manilow
  • The New York Philharmonic
  • Polo G
  • Carlos Santana
  • Paul Simon
  • Patti Smith
  • Bruce Springsteen
  • Rob Thomas
  • Maluma

Citi cardmembers will have access to presale VIP tickets starting Thursday, July 29 at 10 a.m. through Sunday, August 1 at 10 a.m. Citi will also be giving out 1,000 general admission tickets to cardmembers on a first-come, first-served basis starting Monday, August 2 at 10 a.m.

Free tickets, and VIP tickets for purchase, will be released to the public in batches at nyc.gov/HomecomingWeek starting Monday, August 2 at 10 a.m. Find more details here.

Additional tickets will be released at the following times:

  • Tuesday, August 3 at 7 a.m.
  • Wednesday, August 4 at 9 p.m.
  • Thursday, August 5 at 7 a.m.
  • Friday, August 6 at 10 a.m.
  • Saturday, August 7 at 9 p.m.

The concert will be aired worldwide on CNN, with appearances by Jimmy Fallon, Gayle King, and Don Lemon. Gates will open at 3 p.m. on Saturday, August 21 and the concert will begin at 5 p.m.

The “WE LOVE NYC” concert is the last of five concerts taking place across New York that week as part of the city’s “Homecoming Week.” The vaccine requirement will be in place for all five concerts.

“I am issuing a FOMO alert,” de Blasio said during a press briefing earlier this month. “Unless you want to spend the rest of your life saying, ‘oh my god, I missed it,’ you should get to New York City in the month of August.”

The date and location of the outer-borough Homecoming Week concerts are as follows:

  • Monday, August 16 at Orchard Beach in the Bronx
  • Tuesday, August 17 at Richmond County Bank Ballpark on Staten Island
  • Thursday, August 19 at the Brooklyn Army Terminal in Brooklyn
  • Friday, August 20 at Forest Hills Stadium in Queens

Admission information and the full lineups for the Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island concerts will be announced in the coming days. In addition to the five performances, Homecoming Week will include free movie screenings from Rooftop Films, Summer StreetsNYC Restaurant Week, cultural activities, and other events across the city.

RELATED: 

Tags : , ,

MOST RECENT ARTICLES

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS

Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.