Photo of Powerhouse Arena in Dumbo by Wgreaves on Flickr
The beloved Brooklyn Bookstore Crawl is returning to the borough for its largest outing yet. The event, which kicks off on April 22 and runs through Independent Bookstore Day on April 29, invites bookworms to visit the 25 book shops participating in this year’s crawl for a chance to win prizes while supporting local businesses.
Participants can pick up a “Bookstore Crawl Passport” at any of the more than two dozen participating locations and fill it with stamps and signatures for a chance to win prizes.
Bookstore crawl participants who visit five or more bookstores and have stamps to prove it will receive a 25 percent off coupon at any of the participating bookstores.
On April 29, The Center for Fiction will host an after party for bookstore crawl participants at 15 Lafayette Avenue starting at 5 p.m, with happy hour drinks, mingling, and the chance to redeem raffle tickets earned throughout the week for literary prizes.
Prior to the party, the Center is hosting an open house to provide information about its membership program as well as give tours of its members-only second floor that is home to a lounge, reading room, fiction library, writer’s studio, and a terrace.
The following bookstores are participating in this year’s bookstore crawl:
- Adanne – 234 Water Street
- Archestratus – No. 160 Huron Street
- The Bookmark Shoppe – 8415 3rd Avenue
- Books Are Magic (Brooklyn Heights) – 122 Montague Street
- Books Are Magic (Cobble Hill) – 225 Smith Street
- Cafe con Libros, A Feminist Bookstore – 724 Prospect Place
- The Center for Fiction – 15 Lafayette Avenue
- Community Bookstore – 143 7th Avenue
- Freebird Books – 123 Columbia Street
- Greenlight Bookstore (Flatbush) – 632 Flatbush Avenue
- Greenlight Bookstore (Fort Greene) – 686 Fulton Street
- Head Hi – 146 Flushing Avenue
- McNally Jackson (City Point) – 445 Albee Square West
- McNally Jackson (Williamsburg) – 76 North 4th Street
- Mil Mundos – 323 Linden Street
- Pioneer Works – 159 Pioneer Street
- POWERHOUSE – Building #2, 220 36th Street
- POWERHOUSE Arena – 28 Adams Street
- POWERHOUSE on 8th – 1111 8th Avenue
- Quimby’s Bookstore – 536 Metropolitan Avenue
- Taylor & Co. – 1021 Cortelyou Road
- Terrace Books – 242 Prospect Park West
- Unnameable Books – 615 Vanderbilt Avenue
- WORD – 126 Franklin Street
- The Word Is Change – 368 Tompkins Avenue
- The 12 best specialty bookshops in NYC
- A history of Book Row, NYC’s long-time downtown haven for bibliophiles
Tags : bookstores, independent bookstores