Your Daily Link Fix: Rediscovering Beacon; Are Architects Ruining Skylines?
- 12 Architects You Should Recognize By Their Sketches: Architizer tests your architecture knowledge, while examining the dying art form.
- Rediscovering Beacon: The New York Times explores the quaint city of Beacon, about an hour outside of New York City.
- Are “Starchitects” Ruining Skylines?: Bryan Lehrer interviews Witold Rybcznski about star architects who design buildings in cities they know nothing about.
- ReBar Owner Pleads Guilty: The disgraced bar owner who ripped off hundreds of wedding couples is looking at jail time and the New York Post has the details.
- The New Office Look: Commercial Observer examines the changing business culture and how it poses a challenge for New York designers and furniture makers.
Images: Beacon, NY (left), Walt Disney Concert Hall (right)