- 7 Galleries Amping Up The Art World: Galleries are slowly moving from a blank canvas that showcases art to a work of art themselves. Architizer explores some galleries that are enhancing their art through intriguing architecture.
- Bed Stuy Says Goodbye to Lenny Kravitz’s Childhood Home: The Brownstoner mourns with Bed Stuy locals as the musician’s grandparents home is converted to a multi-family apartment building.
- A Web App Where Emojis Fly At Your Face: You’ll either be thoroughly entertained or just plain annoyed. FastCo. has the latest on a new app the takes emojis to another level.
- Digital Music Store for Theater Lovers: More proof that Glee has transformed a generation, the once under appreciated show tune art form is coming back with its own digital store, and Crain’s NY has the details.
- New York Public Library Unveils New Renovation Plans: The library’s new plan is expected to cost $300 million, significantly less than its predecessor. The Real Deal has the scoop on the rejected old plan as well as the new pitch.
- Rocket Joe’s Pizza Closed For Business: Even when you have time to prepare, the pain of loss is still piercing. Bowery Boogie gives a touching en memoriam to a Lower East Side fixture that will be missed.
- Popsicle Art: Have you ever seen that episode of the Twilight Zone where the sun is moving closer to the earth and the woman is painting a cool picture of a waterfall to distract herself from the heat? Well, this piece is kinda like that. Apartment Therapy has some adorable popsicle art that will keep you and the kids cool… and hungry… during those hot summer days.
Images: Lenny Kravitz (left), Rocket Joe’s (right)