It looks like Trevor Noah’s $15,000 rental at Stella Tower was just a space for him to kill time while waiting to move upstairs into a $10 million penthouse. The Journal reports that Noah closed today on the top-floor duplex apartment that spans the 17th and 18th floors of the 1927 Ralph Walker-designed skyscraper. In all, the star’s new spacious abode measures 3,600 square feet and comes encircled by a large, 930-square-foot terrace with sweeping views of the city.
Fresh into his second year as host of “The Daily Show,” Trevor Noah is treating himself to some iconic New York real estate. The Post reports that the South African comedian is renting a $15,000 a month bachelor pad at Stella Tower, the Ralph Walker condo conversion in Hell’s Kitchen.
The Art Deco tower was built in 1927 as a telephone building and was converted along with Chelsea’s Walker Tower in recent years by JDS Development Group. Noah’s new digs are a 1,700-square-foot, two-bedroom residence that has an impressive outdoor terrace. Located at 425 West 50th Street, it’s just a few blocks away from The Daily Show Studios at 52nd Street and Eleventh Avenue.
Take two Art Deco commercial buildings designed by Robert Walker in the roaring twenties and mix in a little 21st century residential conversion magic by JDS Development Group, Property Markets Group, and Starwood Capital Group, and what do you get?
Apparently two highly successful projects that now have even more in common – owners who have purchased units in both buildings.
- Tony Winner to Sell Luxury Duplex: Tony-winning composer Adam Guettel threw one last party before putting his apartment at The Osborne on the market. Page Six has his reason for parting with such a beautiful place.
- Brooklyn’s Newest Foodie Neighborhoods: Brooklyn Magazine has the newest neighborhoods to check out if you want to make your stomach love you… and then maybe hate you later.
- Was J.Lo’s Free Bronx Concert A Flop?: First of all, we can’t believe J.Lo has never had a concert in her home, the Bronx, since her debut album. According the New York Observer, the rest of the Bronx agrees that she’s just Jenny from the block… and didn’t see a need to show up.
- Stella Tower is Selling Fast: The Stella Tower can’t identify with J.Lo’s plight. The development has only been on the market for a month, but the Real Deal has been told that they’re already 60% sold out. The sales and marketing team is exclusively Douglas Elliman agents.
- Morris Adjmi Apartments Coming to Williamsburg: The architecture firm is developing a 13-story, 82-unit rental apartment on South 5th Street and Curbed has the renderings.
- Mamie Gummer Buys $1.74M Chelsea Pad: Meryl Streeps daughter, an accomplished actress herself, has purchased a home not too far from her famous mother’s apartment, and the New York Post has the details.
Images: Stella Tower living room (left), J.Lo (right)
Whether a reference to the Latin word meaning “star” or the lesser-known rare gold coin of the late 19th century, Stella Tower is aptly named.
JDS Development Group, Property Markets Group, and Starwood Capital Group (the trio behind Chelsea’s Walker Tower) officially opened sales at Ralph Walker’s iconic Art Deco building, although a few sales have already moved forward quietly over the last few weeks.