- Little Italy Rental Debuts; Rumored to have Housed Debbie Harry & Robert De Niro
- Lenox Terrace Offers Renovated Harlem Apartments from $1,650/Mo.
- Pre-War Grandeur at The Wyoming; Amazing Midtown Rental Near Central Park
- Bronx Rentals Debut at Port133 at 751 East 133rd Street in Port Morris from $1,700/Month
- NYC Homes from $1,450/Month at Newly Constructed Riverdale Rental
- Bronx Rentals at The Equestrian on Pelham Parkway from $1,950/Month
- Take First Look Inside The Delmar, Stylish LIC Rentals Leasing from $2,150/mo.
- 606W57: TFC’s Behemoth Rental Kicks-off Affordable Lottery + Gets Teaser Site for Spring Launch
- 2763 Morris Avenue: Luxury Rentals Open in the Bronx from $1,660/Mo. + Netflix Subscription
- Prime 2-Bedrooms in the Heart of Chelsea from $4,000/Month and 1 Month Free Rent
- Tribeca Rental Specials at 88 Leonard Street: Hello Alfred Services + Renovated 3-Bed Penthouses
- Enormous, Beautifully Finished Rentals Listed at 575 West End Ave on the Upper West Side
606 West 57th Street
The lottery for TF Cornerstone’s massive building at 606 West 57th Street officially launched on Tuesday, offering 258 mixed-income rentals in the brand new 42-story tower. Designed by Arquitectonica, the rental, dubbed 606W57, boasts a unique, boxy design and will hold over 1,000 apartments. It sits near other West Side architectural standouts like the pyramid-shaped, Bjarke Ingels-designed Via57 West, as well as the Helena. Qualifying New Yorkers earning 40, 60 and 120 percent of the area median income can apply for units ranging from a $613/month studio to a $2,902/month three-bedroom.
Construction progress as of mid-October, via CityRealty
In May 2012, TF Cornerstone (TFC) entered a 99-year ground lease for the building’s site that spans nearly a full city block and measures 63,000 square feet. Now topped out and fully skinned, the massive rental at 606 West 57th Street has a less flashy appearance than renderings previously hinted, but still features an impressively imposing, boxy design, as CityRealty reported. Designed by Arquitectonica, the 42-story, 1.2 million-square-foot building will contain a whopping 1,028 apartments. It joins other West Side gems like the Helena and the pyramid-shaped, Bjarke Ingels-designed Via57 West.
Midtown’s 57th Street has become synonymous with superlative titles, with the tallest, the thinnest, most expensive, and, arguably, some of the most exciting high-rises the city has seen in decades. At the far west end of the two-mile thoroughfare, TFC has joined in on the megalomania with a 1,028-unit, 1.2 million-square-foot rental building that will become the second largest apartment building in the city after Moinian‘s SKY project a few blocks south.
- Republicans have a new plan to cut taxes for the top 0.2 percent. [Washington Post]
- Is another building on the way for the South Street Seaport? [TRD]
- Renderings revealed for a huge, blocky glass building coming to 57th Street. [Curbed]
- Our favorite April Fools story today: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian buy entire NYC micro-apartment building to turn it into an “urban mega-mansion.” [Inhabitat NYC]
- City disapproves ODA’s initial design for a new rental building in Bushwick at the former Rheingold Brewery site that includes a sloping, zig-zagging green roof. [TRD]
- Downtown Brooklyn’s real estate boom is leading to major overcrowding in local public schools. [BK Mag]
Images: 606 West 57th Street via TF Cornerstone (L); Kim and Kanye (R)