Real Estate Wire: How to Turn a Bed-Stuy Church Into Condos; Another Real Estate Bubble on the Horizon?
- Smart adaptive reuse or an alarmingly bad design? A Bed-Stuy church conversion sees the historic structure all boxed up. [Brownstoner]
- Is the city’s booming real estate market a reflection of the city’s strong economy or a bubble driven by speculative investment? Greg David investigates. [Crain’s]
- A new hotel designed by Peter Poon will replace a demolished parking structure on 37th Street. Poon already has a hotel in the works directly across the street. [Curbed]
- Financial bigwig David Ganek is asking $44M for Jackie O’s one time pad in 740 Park Avenue. [Curbed]
- German fashion brand Hugo Boss is in talks to grab 70,000 square feet of office space in the Financial District. [Crain’s]
Plans for the Bed-Stuy church (left); 432 Park Avenue residential building (right)