Apply for 41 affordable apartments in the Bronx’s Jerome Park, from $592/month

Posted On Thu, September 16, 2021 By

Posted On Thu, September 16, 2021 By In affordable housing, Bronx, housing lotteries

Renderings courtesy of NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development

New Yorkers earning 40, 50, or 80 percent of the area median income may qualify for 41 affordable apartments at a new building in the Bronx. Located in the Jerome Park neighborhood, close to both Bronx Park and Van Cortlandt Park, the 13-story building at 211 East 203rd Street is offering units ranging from $592/month studios to $1,681/month two-bedrooms. Some of the apartments are set aside for seniors, while others are reserved for those who qualify for the Section 8 program. The building offers several outdoor spaces and convenient access to public transportation.

Construction topped out at the building, known as The Bedford, one year ago. It contains 108 rentals, 60 percent of which are supportive housing, set aside for low-income or formerly homeless individuals or families with special needs, who are referred by city agencies. The remaining 40 percent are these 41 units being made available through a public lottery. According to the posting, units that have an income limit set at 40 or 50 percent AMI are designated for individuals or households that have at least one household member who is 62 years of age or older. For units where the income limit is set at 50 percent AMI, applicants must qualify for a Section 8 project-based voucher; the rent for eligible applicants will be equal to 30 percent of their income.

According to Yimby, the building was designed to LEED-Platinum standards by Magnusson Architecture and Planning. Principal architect Fernando Villa told Yimby, “We wanted to reference and embrace the architectural heritage of the Grand Concourse around the corner. So we included subtle designs in the brick of the exterior walls. At the same time, we also used newer materials and a more modern aesthetic, so you have a stylistic transition from old to new.”

Amenities include bike storage lockers, a laundry room, a community center, a rear yard, and a roof terrace. The building is also just around the corner from the B and D trains at Bedford Park Boulevard and a quick walk to the 4 train.

Qualifying New Yorkers can apply for the affordable units until November 15, 2021. Fifty percent of units are set aside for residents of Bronx Community Board 7. Complete details on how to apply are available here. Questions regarding this offer must be referred to NYC’s Housing Connect department by dialing 311.

If you don’t qualify for the housing lotteries mentioned, visit’s no-fee rentals page for other apartment deals in the city.


Renderings courtesy of NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development

Tags :

Neighborhoods : Bronx



Thank you, your sign-up request was successful!
This email address is already subscribed, thank you!
Please provide a valid email address.
Please complete the CAPTCHA.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.