- Apparently, people in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania have a very hard time spelling Hanukkah. [Mental Floss]
- The first Manhattanhenge occurs this weekend. Here’s the full summer schedule for the phenomenon. [Gothamist]
- Revisiting the early days of the Chrysler Building as it turns 85. [Curbed]
- Battery Park is now just the Battery. And its SeaGlass Carousel of 30 giant fish is opening this summer. [NYT]
- Laura Keene’s Theatre: a lost NYC theater with a connection to Lincoln’s assassination. [Off the Grid]
- Are these the 20 best bar names in the city? [DNAinfo]
While there is no shortage of stunning views in New York City, some are more expensive to own than others. But here’s one that won’t cost you a cent and belongs to everyone – well, at least for the two times a year the Neil deGrasse Tyson coined “Manhattanhenge” makes its spectacular appearance.