Photo by Allan Beaufour / Flickr
A Christmas gift from the MTA! For once, there’s some good news in the weekend service change announcement: the Q70 LaGuardia Link Bus, which stops at all main LaGuardia Airport terminals and relatively nearby subway stations, will be fare-free today and Saturday and there will be “lots of extra LIRR & Metro-North Service,” as well as extra SIR trains Savor that information and read on to the less positive, but comparatively chipper, weekend service developments:
The entire subway will be running on a Sunday schedule on Christmas Eve and Day, meaning there will be:
- No B or W train service
- No 2 or 3 train service in Brooklyn
- No J/Z skip-stop service
- No 5 or D express service in the Bronx
- No 6 or 7 express service systemwide
- M service will run between Delancey-Essex Its and Broadway Junction on the A/C/J/L, and between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Metropolitan Av
- 4 trains will run between Woodlawn and New Lots Av.
- 5 trains will run between Flatbush Av and the Bronx
Then, from Tuesday, December 26 through Friday, December 29, E trains will run on the F line between W 4 St and Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av in both directions and M service will be suspended.
Per the whims of the MTA, there will probably be other problems, and the problems stated above are subject to change and worsen.