Image courtesy of Cooper Hewitt
Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day–formerly Museum Day Live–is happening this year on September 22; it’s a chance to get free admission to museums across the country, including many great NYC options. Tickets became available on August 15 on the Smithsonian site, where you can download two free tickets to museums, galleries and cultural institutions like the Cooper Hewitt design museum, the Museum of Arts and Design, the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum and many, many more.
Image courtesy of Museum of Arts and Design
Even if you’re not in New York City, the event extends to cities around the country. Check the Museum Day website to look for participants near you. A Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
Some cool NYC options include:
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Museum of Arts and Design
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- The Rubin Museum of Art
- The Jewish Museum
- The New York City Fire Museum
Get more information and tickets here.
- This August, party on the rooftop of the New York Aquarium
- Explore ‘faces and voices’ of Manhattan storefronts with new exhibit from James and Karla Murray
- This fall, 1,000 New Yorkers will perform an ‘opera’ on the High Line
Tags : Smithsonian Museum Day