- We take a look at the fast-changing Brooklyn neighborhood Bed-Stuy–From Harlem and hip-hop to hipsters, Hassids and high rents.
- Clive Wilkinson’s 4,400-square-foot “superdesk” winds it way through the Chelsea offices of the Barbarian Group, taking the idea of a collaborative and open work environment to a whole new level.
- A History of New York in 101 Objects: 6sqft Edition. We’ve got pizza, hot dogs, cobblestones, Metrocards, and more.
- IKEA’s ‘Life at Home’ project offers a crazy detailed look into New Yorkers’ mornings.
- In celebrity news…CNN anchor Don Lemon buys a second Harlem condo, and Willem Dafoe sells his lovely Perry Street pad for $2.9 million.
, Sat, October 18, 2014
, Sat, September 20, 2014
- The East River Skyway is revealed, and it could bring commuters from Brooklyn to Manhattan in under four minutes. Could it be the solution for increasing public transportation congestion?
- We talk to architect Adam Kushner about building the world’s first 3D-printed estate.
- See how a former Tribeca automotive garage was transformed into a space for living, art, and commerce.
- Sunset Park is not on its way to becoming the next hip NYC residential neighborhood–and that’s a good thing. Explore how creativity and commerce are transforming this Waterfront neighborhood.
- We map the evolution of the Lower East Side through a Jewish lens.
, Sat, September 13, 2014
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art unveils its dramatically redesigned plaza, complete with fountains, alleys of trees, new paving, and red, angular canopies over seating benches.
- Actress Kirsten Dunst and former Nets coach Jason Kidd both put their their apartments on the rental market.
- Take a deep breathe cheesecake lovers, Junior’s isn’t going anywhere.
- We talk to Mac Sillick and Sandy Hall of Black Tree, the LES ‘farm to sandwich’ favorite. And they’re offering one lucky reader drinks for two at the bar.
- Bromley Caldari Architects’ A-Frame Re-Think Is A-OK on the Shores of Fire Island.
- Ritzier North Williamsburg always gets all the attention, but the once-grittier-but-now-gentrifying South Williamsburg neighborhood is seeing a major rise in new amenity-filled developments.
, Sat, August 30, 2014
- From failed suicide attempts to accidental plane crashes, we uncover the wild and dark history of the Empire State Building.
- Is Ridgewood NYC’s “next big thing?” We take a look at the rise of the Queens neighborhood.
- You know those weird outcrops, stairs, doors and out of place architectural adornments that just have us going “huhh??” Turns out, they have a name–Thomassons.
- Possibly preparing for a move to Soho, Adam Levine’s wife Behati Prinsloo sells her Alphabet City pad for $1.65 million. Julia Stiles, Meg Ryan, Saul Rubinek, and Rihanna also make real estate headlines.
- From Broadway to Brokerage: Tom Postilio & Mickey Conlon of CORE talk to 6sqft about the similarities of show biz and real estate.
- Slade Architecture renovated a Brooklyn brownstone for the former co-owner of Ricky’s NYC, and its highlight is a giant magnetic wall.