260 Kent; rendering courtesy of COOKFOX
Two Trees Management will break ground next month on 260 Kent Avenue at the corner of Grand Street and Kent Avenue, the second building to rise at the Domino Sugar Williamsburg megaproject site. Designed by COOKFOX Architects, the 462,000 square-foot, 42-story mixed-use tower on the site of the former sugar manufacturing facility will create “a prominent visual corridor that leads to the East River waterfront,” according to a press release.
Find out more, more renderings this way
- 8 Treehouses For Your Inner Child: We know you love beautiful things. Why else would you be reading this blog? Well, we have a little gift for you via Architizer. These treehouses will make you want to grab your peanut butter and jelly sandwich and your “No Boys/Girls Allowed” sign and camp out.
- Shake Shack’s Birthday Bash to Include a Music Festival: Shake Shack is about to celebrate 10 years in Madison Square Park and they’re throwing a giant bash with a music festival and limited edition burgers from celebrity chefs. Bedford and Bowery has the mouthwatering details on the weeklong birthday celebration.
- Permits Filed for Domino Sugar Refinery: Two Trees has filed the permits for the project and NY YIMBY has the inside scoop complete with renderings.
- Everything Apple Didn’t Announce at WWDC: Yesterday was Christmas for the people who wait patiently to get a glimpse of the new products Apple plans to release each year. Well, Gizmodo has the encore with more developments Apple hasn’t told you about yet.
- Rendering Posted for 20-Unit Building in Bushwick: The Brownstoner just found a rendering on the fence surrounding a vacant lot in Bushwick and they have details on the new development.
- Panic on the 7 Train: A rail fire on the 7 train had passengers fearing the worst. The New York Observer has more on this terrifying episode.
Images: Domino Refinery rendering (left), Treehouse (right)