All photos by Max Touhey, courtesy of JDS Development Group
A 42nd-story rooftop pool overlooking the East River is coming back to New York City for the summer. Located atop the American Copper Buildings in Murray Hill, The Sentry is currently accepting membership applications for its 2021 season, which kicks off ahead of Memorial Day Weekend. Sky-high swimming does not come cheap, however. Memberships start at $2,600 for a single member, $4,300 for couples, and $3,000 for non-residents.
Get the details
One of the city’s most architecturally significant projects to rise in recent years are the two copper-clad towers at 626 First Avenue in Murray Hill known as the American Copper Buildings. Designed by SHoP Architects and developed by JDS, the twisted towers boast a rare and distinctive feature: an amenity-filled sky bridge linking the two buildings more than 300 feet in the air. According to JDS, the three-story steel truss structure is Manhattan’s first new sky bridge in 80 years. There are only a handful of residences that boast private outdoor space right on the eye-catching sky bridge—and one of them is now on the rental market seeking $12,000 per month.
Take the full tour
Just in time for summer, a members-only pool is opening atop one of Manhattan’s most recognizable buildings. Starting Memorial Day Weekend, the Sentry Club at the American Copper Buildings in Murray Hill will offer guests a private rooftop with poolside cabana service, event space for parties, and classes focused on wellness. But it will cost you: memberships start at $1,600 for the entire summer and go up to $3,200 for the season. The pool will be open starting Thursday, May 23 through Labor Day.
Images (L to R): American Copper Buildings, The Eagle, One Blue Slip, View34 and in center 555 Waverly Avenue
- American Copper Buildings: Waterfront Studios to 3-Bed Apartments Available in Murray Hill’s Two-Tower Rental [LINK]
- One Blue Slip: Greenpoint Landing Rental Now leasing and 90% of Apartments Have Water Views [LINK]
- The Eagle: Downtown Brooklyn’s New 32-Story Rental Tower Offers 2 Months Free [LINK]
- 555 Waverly Avenue: Newly Constructed Brooklyn Building Launches Rentals from $2,250/Month [LINK]
- View 34: Murray Hill Luxury Rentals Include One-Bedrooms from $3,349/Month [LINK]
- Denizen Bushwick: The Best Rental of 2018 [LINK]
- Otto Greenpoint: Brooklyn Rentals at 211 McGuinness Boulevard from $2,317/Month [LINK]
SEE MORE RENTAL NEWS AND OFFERS HERE
, Mon, September 24, 2018
Via Jeffrey Zeldman on Flickr
Unlike many New York City neighborhoods that have reputations that travel far beyond their borders, for many years, Murray Hill has remained low key. If Murray Hill hasn’t always been quick to flaunt its assets, it may have something to do with its Quaker origins. After all, the “Murray” in Murray Hill points back to the Murray family—the clan of Quaker merchants who first settled the area in the mid-18th century.
Since the days of the Murray family, much has changed in the neighborhood. The “hill” has been leveled, the neighborhood is no longer considered uptown, and since the early 2000s, the neighborhood’s reputation as a quiet and staid residential enclave has also been shattered as a younger crowd has moved in. In fact, for much of the past two decades, at least some parts of Murray Hill have become synonymous with the bar scene along Third Avenue, which is primarily known as a playground for young professionals. More recently, the neighborhood is undergoing another shift as a new era of higher-end rentals and condo developments attract a somewhat more mature demographic.
More on Murray Hill
The highly anticipated three-story sky bridge that links the two American Copper Buildings officially opened on Wednesday, making it the first of its kind in New York City in more than 80 years. In a collaboration between SHoP Architects and JDS Development Group, the pair of copper-clad luxury rental buildings at 626 First Avenue, known for their slanted silhouettes, began leasing earlier this year. And now, the buildings’ swath of amenities have been unveiled, including the 100-foot-long sky bridge that is suspended 300 feet in the air and boasts a 75-foot indoor lap pool, hot tub and a bar and lounge for residents.
Find out more
Photos via JDS Development/SHoP Architects
The American Copper Buildings, famous for their slanted silhouettes and already-iconic skybridge, commenced leasing in early 2017, but they’re now offering one month free on a 13-month lease and one month broker OP, according to the building’s website. Each of the two buildings has more than 300 unique layouts; current availabilities include studios from $2,975/month, one-bedrooms from $5,00/month, and two-bedrooms from $6,530/month.
More offers ahead
- Live in a Former Tootsie Roll Factory with 1 Month of Free Rent [link]
- Grand Opening of Related Companies’ New Hudson Square Rental at 261 Hudson Street [link]
- American Copper Buildings Begin to Welcome First Residents [link]
- Two Months of Free Rent at Park West Village, Only One Block from Central Park [link]
- Upper West Side’s Stonehenge Village Leasing with 1 Month Free + Discounted Deposits [link]
- Free Month of Rent + Stunning Views at Battery Park City’s Tribeca Pointe [link]
- One Month Free + No Fee at 500 Sterling Place in Prospect Heights [link]
- Williamsburg’s 50 North 5th Street; 15,000 Square Feet of Amenities + One Month of Free Rent [link]
- Security Deposit Discounts at Equity Residential’s Beatrice Apartments in Chelsea [link]
- Free Rent & Special Offers at Spencer Street Apartments in Bed-Stuy [link]
SEE MORE RENTAL NEWS AND OFFERS HERE >>
Images (L to R): American Copper Buildings, 50 North 5th Street, 261 Hudson Street and The Beatrice
- Live in SHoP’s American Copper Buildings from $2,975/Mo; Read Carter’s New Review [link]
- Behold the Views (Present & Future) from Midtown’s 555TEN, Now Leasing with Two Months Free Rent [link]
- Leasing Begins at Jersey City Urby, Vertical Community + Stunning Views from $2,000/Month [link]
- Take In the Incredible Views at 1 QPS Tower; LIC’s Newly-Opened Rental Leasing From $1,989/Mo. [link]
- NoMad’s One Sixty Madison Offering One Month Free on Select Residences [link]
- Cassa Hotel and Residences Offering Up To Two Months of Free Rent [link]
- Midtown’s Slender Icon Offering Months of Free Rent & Sedate Skyscraper Living [link]
- Midtown’s Townsend Now Offering Two Months Free [link]
- Jersey City’s 41-Story Rental Tower Announces Summer 2017 Opening & Reveals Pricing [link]
SEE MORE RENTAL NEWS AND OFFERS HERE >>
Images (L to R): American Copper Buildings, 555Ten, Jersey City Urby and 1 QPS Tower