May 11, 2016
Once upon a time, Clinton Hill was a neighborhood of mansions designed by some of Brooklyn's most prominent architects. Many have since been demolished and replaced with either townhouses or apartment buildings. But this one at 186 Clinton Avenue still stands, on a stretch that was known as the neighborhood's "mansion row." Montrose Morris, a prolific Brooklyn architect, designed it in 1891 for William H. Beard, the son of the third wealthiest man in Brooklyn, William Beard, Sr. It's so massive it's been divided into several apartments—the property being offered is only one-half of the mansion, which holds eight units.
Take a look