- DNAinfo speaks to some of the city’s gardening experts for tips on how residents can turn vacant lots into their very own community gardens.
- A new contemporary art project will open at Lincoln Center plaza on October 3rd. According to Architizer, “Solar Reserve (Tonopah, Nevada),” by Irish artist John Gerrard, will use computer simulation to recreate an actual Nevada power plant.
- We have a serious urge to redecorate our apartments after taking Design Sponge’s 10-second shop tour of Beam, the recently opened Williamsburg design store.
- If you’ve taken an architectural history class, you know it can be tough to keep all those styles straight. So, Mental Floss uses hair styles to make it a little easier.
- New York Magazine checks out a Rockaway bungalow, beautifully restored after Hurricane Sandy.
Images: Solar Reserve (Tonopah, Nevada), via John Gerrard (L); Beam, via Design Sponge (R)