AIA New York State Firm of the Year
- NYC Parks and the Battery Conservancy announced that the Fleurt Chair by Canadian designer Andrew Jones is the winner of the first-ever design competition to create a moveable, outdoor chair for a New York City park.
- Rego Park has a new “green” playground, complete with colorful murals, fitness stations, and an outdoor classroom, reports DNAinfo.
- Get rid of those disgusting, chewed up tennis balls. Odin (named after the designer’s Corgi) is a stylish, 3D-printed dog toy that is a treat-finding puzzle for your pooch. More on Co.Design.
- The Observer talks to fashion designer Nicole Miller about her eclectic Tribeca loft.
- Gensler is the 2014 American Institute of Architects (AIA) New York State Firm of the Year.