March 7, 2017
This eight-story building at 314 West 100th Street on the Upper West Side was known as The Chateaux when it opened in 1910. Designed as a luxurious residence, there were only four apartments per floor--and each boasted a spacious floorplan typical of prewar co-ops at the time. The building went condo in 2007 but the floorplans and interior details remained. So while this $2.725 million unit is being sold as a condo, it has all the bones of the "spacious and rambling" apartment, as the listing calls it, first envisioned back in 1910.
Walk through the impressive apartment