- 633 Marcy Avenue in Bed-Stuy Debuts Spacious 2- and 3-Bed Rentals from $2,565/Month [link]
- The Greystone: Prewar Upper West Side Rentals with Amenities from $2,395/Month [link]
- The Essex Launches: Tallest Building in Essex Crossing Offers Rentals with 1 Month Free [link]
- The Niko Opens in the East Village; Downtown Apartments with Views from $2,596/Mo. with 2 Mos.Free + $500 Transit Gift Card [link]
- Live at 303 East 83rd Street in Yorkville: Spacious Upper East Side Rental Homes with Balconies [link]
- The Parkside Brooklyn: Luxury Apartments Near Prospect Park from $2,862/Month [link]
- Triple-Mint Renovation: Beautiful Townhome Rentals Debut in Astoria at 30-78 43rd Street [link]
Connie passes under the Eastern Trail in Maine; Courtesy of TWA Hotel, photo by Aaron Flacke
Over the last week, a 1958 Lockheed Constellation, or “Connie,” made its way from Maine to its new home in Queens at JFK Aiport, where it will become a cocktail lounge at the TWA Hotel. Traveling 300 miles through five states, the Connie, with a “Queens or Bust!” sign on its back, was disassembled, loaded on two separate tow trucks, and escorted by state police and civilians. Connie, one of only four remaining L-1648As in the world, will sit on the “tarmac” outside of the 512-room hotel.
On the gilded coast of Queens along the East River in Beechhurst, just north of Whitestone, this 10,000-square-foot manse is asking $7.988 million. At the end of a quiet waterfront street where you might find an angler’s retreat, behold instead this Mediterranean-style villa complete with an elevator, a four-car garage, a Florida room, a 20-foot mahogany foyer, a magnificent crystal chandelier, a fabulous pool, a dock for a 60-foot boat and a full outdoor kitchen. All in a gated community, natch. Did we forget the gazebo?
More than a dozen organizations have joined together to form A Better Way to LGA in support of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s proposed AirTrain to LaGuardia Airport (AirTrain LGA). Comprised of community members, economic development groups, transportation advocates, unionized labor, civic stakeholders, and local business leader, the coalition beleives that it is essential to create a viable transit alternative for LaGuardia Airport travelers and workers. The coalition is co-chaired by the Queens Chamber of Commerce, the Association for a Better New York, and the New York Building Congress. The group emphasized in a press release announcing their launch that LaGuardia is the only major East Coast airport without a direct rail connection, despite the fact that LaGuardia Airport is currently undergoing an $8 billion complete renovation.
- 525 West 52nd Street Offers Leases with 3 Months Free; New Affordable Housing Lotto Launches [READ MORE]
- Downtown Two-Bedroom Rentals at Forty Gold Listed with 2 Months Free on 20-Month Lease [READ MORE]
- Special Offers at Midtown West’s Riverbank: Rentals from $3,860/Month + New Amenities [READ MORE]
- Special Offers at 505W37: Contemporary Midtown Rentals from $2,847/Month [READ MORE]
- Skyline Views from The Landings at Port Imperial; 1-Bed Waterfront Rentals from $2,455/Month [READ MORE]
- 4610 Center Boulevard in Long Island City: High-Rise Waterfront Rentals from $2,750/Month [READ MORE]
- Live in Yorkville at 345 East 94th Street; Newly Renovated Hi-Rise Rentals Offer 1 Month Free [READ MORE]
Gov. Andrew Cuomo revealed new details Thursday of his $13 billion plan to overhaul John F. Kennedy Airport and transform it into a 21st-century transit hub. In addition to two much-needed new international terminals, the overhaul will bring NYC’s biggest tourist attractions into its passenger waiting areas and a central hub. There will be interior green space called “Central Park at JFK,” a food hall modeled after Chelsea Market, an elevated walkway called “The High Line,” and artwork and exhibits honoring iconic landmarks, including the Statue of Liberty’s torch.
Via NYC Parks
A Long Island City parks group wants to change the name of Hunter’s Point South Park, a waterfront green space in the Queens neighborhood, the LIC Post reported on Thursday. The Hunters Point Parks Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that manages the 11-acre park, says despite being a “gem of Queens,” the park does not have “the city-wide recognition it deserves.”
- Long Island City’s Hunters Landing Launches Leasing: No Fee Rentals from $2,211/Month [READ MORE]
- Newly Launched 33 Bond Street in Downtown Brooklyn Offers Rentals with Up to 2 Months Free [READ MORE]
- NoMad’s One Sixty Madison Offering One Month Free on Select Residences [READ MORE]
- Weehawken’s RiverHouse11 at Port Imperial Kicks Off Leasing for Waterfront Rentals [READ MORE]
- New Rentals Launch in Astoria at 14-23 Broadway; 1 Bedrooms from $2,775/Month [READ MORE]
- Introducing Katina: 29 Luxury No-Fee Rentals in Astoria Debut from $2,200/Month [READ MORE]
- McCarren Park-Side Rentals at 906 Lorimer to Debut this Fall [READ MORE]
Dating back to its early 20th-century roots as NYC’s first garden city, Forest Hills Gardens is a treasure trove of historic Tudor homes. This especially enchanting beauty at 45 Markwood Place, just steps from Forest Park, has just hit the market for $1,875,000. Not only does it have all the characteristics of this fairytale-esque style–like exposed ceiling beams, terra cotta tiles, wrought-iron railings, and stained-glass windows–but it boasts a large, lovely backyard patio, two balconies, a one-car garage, and a spacious layout with four bedrooms.
Rendering via Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced last year plans to overhaul John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) with state-of-the-art modern terminals, world-class amenities, and centralized expanded parking lots. But the $10 billion plan, with more details coming from Cuomo in the next few weeks, does not include building a new runway, despite the airport serving a record number of visitors last year, the Wall Street Journal reported Sunday. In 2017, the airport served 59 million passengers compared to 48 million passengers in 2008, a 23 percent increase, according to Port Authority data.