- IKEA Lamp Changes Colors with Your Mood: It’s the mood ring of the 21st century. PSFK examines how designer Vittorio Cuculo hacked an IKEA lamp so that the world may know exactly how he’s feeling. Invasion of privacy? Possibly. Totally awesome? Definitely.
- Architects Pushing Fashion Forward: Architizer shows us that architects love fashion, and demonstrates it by giving us a few examples of how architects are infiltrating the fashion industry.
- A Skyscraper on Top of a Building: A Manhattan building has been eating its veggies and plans to grow 51 stories in the next three years. Or maybe Hudson Yards is building a skyscraper on top of it. Details. Gizmodo has more details on 55 Hudson Yards, the building that literally rests on the shoulders of another.
- Run, Don’t Walk, to Shake Shack Right: Because we love you and want your tummy to get all the yummy goodness the city has to offer, we’re spreading the word for Brooklyn Mag: Shake Shack is serving corn dogs and blueberry pie milkshakes, all to honor our country’s birthday. Just make sure you brush up on your 6sqft news while you eat that patriotic meal.
Images: 55 Hudson Yards (left), Shake Shack patriotic meal (right)
- 8 Treehouses For Your Inner Child: We know you love beautiful things. Why else would you be reading this blog? Well, we have a little gift for you via Architizer. These treehouses will make you want to grab your peanut butter and jelly sandwich and your “No Boys/Girls Allowed” sign and camp out.
- Shake Shack’s Birthday Bash to Include a Music Festival: Shake Shack is about to celebrate 10 years in Madison Square Park and they’re throwing a giant bash with a music festival and limited edition burgers from celebrity chefs. Bedford and Bowery has the mouthwatering details on the weeklong birthday celebration.
- Permits Filed for Domino Sugar Refinery: Two Trees has filed the permits for the project and NY YIMBY has the inside scoop complete with renderings.
- Everything Apple Didn’t Announce at WWDC: Yesterday was Christmas for the people who wait patiently to get a glimpse of the new products Apple plans to release each year. Well, Gizmodo has the encore with more developments Apple hasn’t told you about yet.
- Rendering Posted for 20-Unit Building in Bushwick: The Brownstoner just found a rendering on the fence surrounding a vacant lot in Bushwick and they have details on the new development.
- Panic on the 7 Train: A rail fire on the 7 train had passengers fearing the worst. The New York Observer has more on this terrifying episode.
Images: Domino Refinery rendering (left), Treehouse (right)